[Mulgara-dev] Momentum

David Wood dwood at softwarememetics.com
Sat Sep 16 16:54:47 UTC 2006

On 16 Sep2006, at 04:35, Leif Johansson wrote:

>>> I was going to postpone posting this until I had some more testing
>>> done
>>> but this plea mustn't go unnoticed :-)
>>>
>>> I'm new to mulgara but have been keeping an eye on the project for
>>> a while
>>> since before it was mulgara. Anyways, I've written a J2EE resource
>>> adapter
>>> for mulgara which essentially (at least it will when I have tested
>>> it) allows
>>> you to let a J2EE server manage connection pooling for you while
>>> providing
>>> a standardized way to reference a mulgara "connection" from a (say)
>>> an EJB.
>>
>> That's cool.  There were a number of discussions within Tucana before
>> it folded about how TKS could fit into J2EE.  We started down that
>> road using Jotm and javax.transaction.* as the basis for our
>> transaction support internally.  Of course we hadn't gone further
>> than this when Tucana closed.  Thank you for this, I think it's
>> really great.
>>

> At this stage the ra doesn't support transactions but it is next on my
> list - should be a snap if mulgaras transaction are ACID. The one
> thing
> I am unsure about is how the threading model in JCE will handle
> running
> a local mulgara instance. Testing will tell.

Mulgara's transactions are *supposed* to be ACID, but there are two
current bugs.  For the moment, you would have to go to Kowari's bug
tracker (at Sourceforge) and search for 'ACID' to find them:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1313234&group_id=89874&atid=591704
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1313223&group_id=89874&atid=591704

These obviously need addressing in any case.

Regards,
Dave