[Mulgara-dev] Momentum

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Sat Sep 16 02:40:00 UTC 2006

On 16/09/2006, at 3:57 AM, Leif Johansson wrote:

>> This email is to encourage anyone working on Mulgara at the moment to
>> discuss what you're doing in public.  I'm also writing so that any
>> observers out there are aware that we're doing things, even if it
>> *is*
>> behind the scenes.
>
> I was going to postpone posting this until I had some more testing
> done
> but this plea mustn't go unnoticed :-)
>
> I'm new to mulgara but have been keeping an eye on the project for
> a while
> since before it was mulgara. Anyways, I've written a J2EE resource
> adapter
> for mulgara which essentially (at least it will when I have tested
> it) allows
> you to let a J2EE server manage connection pooling for you while
> providing
> a standardized way to reference a mulgara "connection" from a (say)
> an EJB.

That's cool.  There were a number of discussions within Tucana before
it folded about how TKS could fit into J2EE.  We started down that
road using Jotm and javax.transaction.* as the basis for our
transaction support internally.  Of course we hadn't gone further
than this when Tucana closed.  Thank you for this, I think it's
really great.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys