[Mulgara-dev] Momentum

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Sep 15 16:49:29 UTC 2006

Now that Mulgara is going I've noticed that most of the conversations
and development is happening outside of the wiki and mailing lists.
I'm as guilty of this as anyone.

I'm really happy that people are working on things, but I'm also
concerned about the momentum of the project.  I'd say that only 20% of
momentum is people doing the work, with the rest being the
*perception* that people are doing the work.  Why?  Because the more
visible the progress is, the more people believe it's happening, and
therefore the more likely they are to come in and help us.

(OK, 20% is an arbitrary number, but you get the idea).

This email is to encourage anyone working on Mulgara at the moment to
discuss what you're doing in public.  I'm also writing so that any
observers out there are aware that we're doing things, even if it *is*
behind the scenes.