[Mulgara-dev] Documentation

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Thu Sep 14 06:52:04 UTC 2006

On 14/09/2006, at 4:28 PM, thomas wrote:

> hi,
>
> i had offered my help in transferring the documentation to a new
> software. while i surely don't want to stand in your way ;-) in can
> still do so, but not before the first half of october. but if you
> want to start now and can use some help later please contact me!

I remember your offer, and it is both much appreciated, and eagerly
anticipated.  We need to get started on this asap, so I probably will
start ahead of your availability, but won't be finished before the
first half of october.

> i already looked into some softwares and my proposal would be not
> to use Confluence for the documentation site but a more CMS-like
> solution. i like the DaisyCMS since it offers a lot of features for
> navigation which wikis generally lack (and confluence seems to be
> no exception) while retaining relatively easy to use authoring
> capabilities.

 From what I've seen thus far, confluence does provide sufficient
support for hierarchy that it should be fine.  I want to get started
soon, so I'll probably give confluence a try first.  Wiki text is
trivial to parse, and consequently relatively easy to port if required.

Any comments on the proposed structure?  Anything I've missed, or you
feel could be better organised?

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys