[Mulgara-dev] Documentation

thomas thomas at stray.net
Thu Sep 14 06:28:49 UTC 2006

hi,

i had offered my help in transferring the documentation to a new software.
while i surely don't want to stand in your way ;-) in can still do so, but
not before the first half of october. but if you want to start now and can
use some help later please contact me!

i already looked into some softwares and my proposal would be not  to use
Confluence for the documentation site but a more CMS-like solution. i like
the DaisyCMS since it offers a lot of features for navigation which wikis
generally lack (and confluence seems to be no exception) while retaining
relatively easy to use authoring capabilities.
i generally find wikis hard to navigate when i'm new to a subject and
documentation should be easy to access. a wiki as a point where ongoing
development and unfinished drafts are published for discussion or
documentation is another thing and there the wiki way of doing things is
surely very usefull. although i think that daisy is nearly as good as a
wiki in this respect. besides, it also offers versioning and diffs.
actually it was developed as a tool for documentation (and named DaisyWiki
in the beginning although it is not wiki-like enough to justify that name).
just my 2 cents.

ciao
thomas

mailto:thomas at stray.net