[Mulgara-dev] Eclipse Project and Debugging Mulgara

Brian Sletten brian at bosatsu.net
Sun Sep 3 21:38:32 UTC 2006

Folks, I cleaned up the Eclipse project to make it easier to debug a
Mulgara server.

If you are interested in doing this, please let me know your
experiences, but you should be able to do a check out as project from
within Eclipse and have things ready to go.

Because many classes in the Mulgara project are generated from config
files, these need to be made available to Eclipse. There are several
ways this could be handled, but because these files are not changed
often and the build process is hella complicated, I created a fairly
straightforward approach. Once you do a check out (either through
Ecilpse or CLI), do a "build.sh clean ideSupport" (or build.bat if
you are on Windows) to generate an ideSupport.jar in the dist
directory. This contains almost all of the generated files needed to
run an instance of Mulgara in a debugger. Note that this will be very
helpful in NetBeans/IDEA as well, but I haven't generated projects
for those.

Once you run the ideSupport target, do a refresh in Eclipse. You
should only have a single error after this in a Descriptor test
because a SOAP binding isn't being generated. I don't want to spend
any more time on this now, but I'll fix it later if no one else does.

If you are down to only the three errors related to this Descriptor
issue, you should be able run/debug Mulgara through
org.mulgara.server.EmbeddedMulgaraServer (which is in src/jar/server/
java).

Let me know how this works for you.
--
Brian J. Sletten (brian at bosatsu.net)