[Mulgara-dev] License Question.

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue Oct 24 15:50:35 UTC 2006

On 10/23/06, Life is hard, and then you die <ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:

> Ouch! If that's the case, then please list out _exactly_ which
> methods, which fields, and which classes are considered public.
> Otherwise it's a legal crap shoot for us users.
>
> E.g. the ItqlIterpreter and ItqlIterpreterBean - are the methods in
> those public or not? (they don't seem to fall unser those three API's
> you mention).

Just to expand on what's already been said...

USING code should be fine.  As far as I'm concerned, you can import anything
found in itql-version.jar with impunity.  I know that I do.  :-)

If you need to use anything from mulgara-version.jar, then we have an issue
that needs to be resolved (a bug, or a functionality problem).  Please let
us know.

If you need to modify anything, then you'll definitely need to open source
that modification.  No question.

This is our intent.  If anyone thinks our license says otherwise, then get
in touch, as we don't want to create impediments for anyone.