[Mulgara-dev] JRDF and blank nodes

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Fri Oct 20 13:36:37 UTC 2006

I've been looking at the JRDF code to evaluate how to integrate it
with the new transaction architecture.

It appears the only place the JRDF code messes with transactions is
in JRDFGraphElementFactory::createResource().

Specifically this attempts to either resume or start a new
transaction, and then creates a new blank node - persists it
(allocates it a node-id from the node-pool), and returns it.

What I am struggling to understand is why it needs to persist it in
the first place?  What is the reasoning behind this?

Particularly curious is the case where it starts a transaction in
order to persist the blank-node; as the transaction is immediately
terminated after this point, the node-id in the blank-node is
invalidated and relying on it in anyway is an error anyway.

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys
andrae at netymon.com