[Mulgara-dev] New transaction architecture review.

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Tue Oct 17 12:44:27 UTC 2006

Well, with revision 105 committed into subversion the only remaining
design question to answer before moving to implementation is 'How
will JRDF interact with it?'.  I hope to answer that question
tomorrow - after which I will take a day (hopefully at most 2) to try
and confirm a fix of MGR-2.  Once that is done, I will be moving
immediately to implement the proposed design - I anticipate that to
take 4-6 weeks.

What this means is that anyone interested in performing a code-review
of the proposed changes has 2-3 days before I need to move ahead with
what I have designed - unfortunately I don't have the funding to be
able to afford to be blocked by this.

Anyone interested should begin by reading the Transaction
Architecture document in Confluence:

http://mulgara.org/confluence/display/dev/Transaction+Architecture

The detailed design is in the form of 'code sketches' - non-
compilable code changes made to the xafix branch.  The code of
interest is revisions 96-105 in subversion.  Diffs/logs available
either from subversion, or from the mulgara-svn mailing list archives:

http://mulgara.org/pipermail/mulgara-svn/2006-October/date.html

Any comments, suggestions, questions, queries, or other responses are
greatly appreciated: it's not easy to get this stuff right - even the
3rd or 4th time though.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys