Documentation ( was Re: [Mulgara-dev] Re: Bug list and versions)

thomas thomas at stray.net
Tue Nov 21 00:13:12 UTC 2006

hi,

i know the ball has been in my field for quite some time now. there are
some problems beside lack of time: i liked the idea of mavenization of the
docs but i find maven not so easy to understand. i also realized that the
head of the docs contains nice meta information which would be a pity to
loose, but it's not so easy to transfer meta tags from the head to any
prefab solution (wiki, maven etc). i would suggest to go for static html
pages with some server side includes (especially the navigation-tree),
without maven, but within subversion. including the navigation tree via ssi
makes it easy to add new pages. that's basically what already was decided,
except dropping the mavenization. as i said i already made some progress
with cleaning the html and consolidating the nav-tree into one document. i
will finish this as outlined above next week (really, this time...). if you
do not edit too many pages in the meantime i can easily fit your
modifications into the "new" site within an hour or two ... okay, this plan
should work ;-)

ciao
thomas