[Mulgara-dev] RelatedTo.

David Wood dwood at softwarememetics.com
Fri Nov 17 17:29:06 UTC 2006

Hi Paul,

1) Collapse of Aliases

   Objects (in the general sense, not the RDF sense) may be described
by a series of properties and may be intentionally or unintentionally
separated upon data entry.  RelatedTo was/is used in TKS to try to
find objects which are so like other objects that they might be
duplicates.  For example, a person with a name "David Wood" is the
same as the Internet alias called "prototypo".

2) Bibliographic Coupling

   Libraries often wish to run queries on a resource to find other
resources which have similar bibliographies.

I recall that TKS also had another method called something like
IsRelated().  I presume the stub for that will be treated the same as
RelatedTo().

Regards,
Dave