Logging question (was RE: [Mulgara-dev] dateTime information being corrupted)

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue Nov 7 22:39:35 UTC 2006

I wish I could help, but I've had trouble with the logging system for some
years (starting in 2001).  I remember in 2004 someone telling me something
that I hadn't been doing, but I forget what that was now.  :-)

I always found it frustrating.  I complained long and hard about this, and
it took 3 years before anyone bothered to help me... and that was with
people I was in the same office with!  :-)

If you're desperate, you can always do what I often resorted to, and lift
the default logging level across the system.  That seemed to work.  If it
got too verbose, I'd insert System.out.println() statements.  :-)

(this is a hint for someone who knows how to do this to document it.... and
TEST that the documented advice works).

Paul