Logging question (was RE: [Mulgara-dev] dateTime information being corrupted)

David Moll DMoll at viewpointusa.com
Mon Nov 6 17:41:25 UTC 2006

I figured out how to set logging up, I have some questions about
specific configurations.

I added the following section to the log4j-conf.xml:

  <category name="org.mulgara.resolver.store.StatementStoreResolver">
    <priority value="debug"/>
  </category>

Which should enable the logging in the following section:

 > Based on this assumption, you've already started to use logging, so
can you turn on debug logging in:

src/jar/resolver-store/java/org/mulgara/resolver/store/StatementStoreRes
olver.java

 > Line 359 does this following log:
 > logger.debug("Inserting statement: [" + statements.getSubject() + " "
 >                                                 +
statements.getPredicate() + " "
 >                                                 +
statements.getObject() + "] in " + model);

 > This should tell you if the problem is the statement you retrieved
(the log will contain the wrong value).  Or the statement you insert
 > (the log will contain the correct value).

However, I'm not getting anything from StatementStoreResolver.java, even
when doing a manual insert into Mulgara.  I can turn debugging on for
DatabaseSession.java, which inundates me with information, so I know
that logging is work, I'm just never seeing any messages from
StatementStoreResolver.

~Dave