[Mulgara-dev] Unit test updates

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Mon Jun 19 22:02:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:31:41AM -0500, Paul Gearon wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Amit Kapoor <amitkapoor at mindspring.com> wrote:
> >On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:50:33PM -0400, Brian Sletten wrote:
> >> Does anyone have a problem with a Maven 2-based solution?
> >
> >    :) Not at all.
>
> I thought that if I delayed responding to this then Amit might beat me
> to the punch.  :-)
>
> I'm concerned about the lack of flexibility of Maven in comparison to
> Ant.  Maven isn't so good at multiple targets for different purposes,
> while Ant excels at this.  Maven does have an advantage with foreign
> package dependencies, but Ant can leverage Ivy for this purpose.

I agree that m2 places some restrictions on you. But I'm not quite
sure what exactly you mean by "multiple targets for different purposes".
I'd just like to note that in m2 you can make use of use ant tasks
fairly easily (via the ant-task-plugin), both to provide additional
processing during the normal build phases and to provide additional
goals.

But m2 is certainly not perfect and not the be-all/end-all of build
systems. And I haven't looked at the mulgara build closely enough to
give you any sort of recommendation.

  Cheers,

  Ronald