[Mulgara-dev] Missed it by *THAT* much

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Jul 10 04:54:08 UTC 2006

On Jul 9, 2006, at 11:47 PM, Brian Sletten wrote:

> Paul just pointed out that one of the tests is still failing in a
> different time zone. So, if you see the mbox one fail, I don't need
> to know about that, but if any of the date ones fail, please still
> let me know.
>
> I'll fix the mbox one in the next day or so.

Brian isn't the only one.  I just discovered that the code won't
build on Linux (and probably not on Windows).  Why not?  Because on a
Mac, Java 1.5 comes with the following file:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/
Classes/.compatibility/14compatibility.jar

It turns out that Xalan is all in there.  Since I'm running on a Mac
I've been getting this library and not been aware of it.

Looks like I have to track down an appropriate version of Xalan and
include it with our libs.